The Best ASP Text Editor in the Galaxy!
Create an Insert Page for a Database
- Bring up your Form that gathers the user's data
- Press Ctrl-G to 'Grab' all the form field names
- On your action/response page, press Ctrl-Q to bring up the Request Dialong
- Click the Auto-Create Variables button
- Press F2 to Bring up the ADO connection Assistant
- Click 'Insert' to bring up the SQL Statement Builder Assistant to create your Insert SQL statement
- Your variables should be on the right side - choose the correct table, if not already chosen. If already chosen, all the field names should already be on the left - check to make sure they match, then press 'Enter'
- Click 'Apply'
- Now, all you need to do is insert the text to display telling the user that his record has been inserted, along with any error trapping you'd like to include
- You're finished
Back to How To Page | ASP Express Home
Send your comments, questions or suggestions via E-Mail to : (firstname.lastname@example.org)