Beyond today's needs
Create an HTML Table based on your SQL query of a database
- Press the F2 key to bring up the ADO Connection Assistant
- In the Output Section, Click 'HTML Table'
- If this is to be a DSN-less connection, click the DSN-less Radio button and choose your Access database
- To build your SQL, click the Select Button to bring up the SQL Builder Assistant
- if you are using a DSN, choose your Access Database
- Otherwise, it's time to select the fields you want to show from the database
- For this example, we'll choose the Northwind database
- There is a pull-down list of table names under a pull-down list of Field names
- Choose your table and choose your field2, from which to pull the data
- Click the Add Field button to add any fields you want showing
(Click the 'All' button if you want to show all fields)
- Make sure the correct table is still chosen and click the 'From' button
- Under the SQL section, click the 'Enter' button
- If you need to, you can narrow the list down with the Where Clause and Order by Sections
- Click 'Finalize SQL'
- You will see your SQL statement in the SQL text box
- if it's correct, merely click apply
- You're done!
Back to How To Page | ASP Express Home
Send your comments, questions or suggestions via E-Mail to : (firstname.lastname@example.org)