The Best ASP Text Editor in the Galaxy!
Create Output from a DB Table based on Form Input
- Click the Form Assistant Icon in the Button Bar to bring up the Form Assistant
- Fill in your Action ASP document & click the 'Apply' button
- In the Form Contents Assistant that comes up, choose the Form Fields you want
- When you've done with that, click the 'Exit' Button
- Either create a new page or, on the same page, place your cursor below the form
- Press Alt-A-Q to bring up the 'Request Assistant'
- The form's field names are automatically listed in the Request Assistant
- Here, you can choose to manually create your variables, based on the form fields or automatically create them
- In either case, you can choose the 'Replace syntax' to cover names or other items with an apostrophe or single quote mark
- Click the 'Apply' Button
- From here, you can make the ADO connection string and create an SQL statement to query a database based on the form input
(see 'Create an HTML Table based on your SQL query of a database')
Back to How To Page | ASP Express Home
Send your comments, questions or suggestions via E-Mail to : (firstname.lastname@example.org)